June is Bike Month in Lake Tahoe!
Bike to Work Month promotes a healthy, environmentally-friendly commute to work, school, and play, gets basin residents out of their cars, and reduces traffic. Encouraging bicycling is good for your business! Employees and patrons arrive in a good mood, parking needs are reduced, and our community is a friendly place with many people out on bikes.
Tahoe Bike Challenge - June 1 - June 14
It's healthy, it's green, it's fun, and most of all it is EASY! Join hundreds of cyclists during the Lake Tahoe Bike Challenge who are riding bikes instead of using an automobile. You can also track your trips and find more information at tahoebikechallenge.org as well as on www.facebook.com/tahoebikechallenge.
FUN -- SOCIAL -- IMPACTFUL
What’s new this year?
- Win electronic Challenge “pins” for attaining specific milestones.
- Enter our photo contest for Why Bike the Challenge? and win a “GoPro” or gift certificate to a local bicycle shop.
- Buy lunch at one of our “Cycle-Cafe” events and support a local restaurant
- Tuesday, June 4, 11:30 am. Dockside 700 Lakefront Grill, 700 N Lake Blvd, Tahoe City
- Thursday, June 6, 11:30 am. Wildman Café, 900 Ski Run Blvd, Suite 111
- Tuesday, June 11, 11:30 am. Jason’s Beachside Grille, 8338 North Lake Tahoe Blvd, King’s Beach
- Wednesday, June 12, 11:30 am. Sprouts, 3125 Harrison Ave, South Lake Tahoe
- Celebrate with family and friends at the “Challenge Wrap-Up Party”, Friday June 14th – 5-7PM, at the Moose Lodge, 961 Eloise Avenue.
- Share your stories, photos, videos and accomplishments with your friends and family on the Challenge Facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/TahoeBikeChallenge
- Contribute to Trail Readiness at the Tahoe Bike Path Clean Up Day Thursday, May 30th, 3-6 pm
- Ride a “Bike Commute Train” to work June 3
- Eastbound: 7:00 am – Alpina Café
- 7:07 am – Sierra Nevada Alliance
- 7:20 am – Rude Brothers
- 7:30 am – Red Hut
- 7:45 am – Starbucks
- Westbound: 7:00 am – Pioneer/U.S. 50 Junction near Stateline
- 7:07 am – Wildman Café at Ski Run Blvd
- 7:20 am – Sprouts
- 7:40 am – South Shore Bikes
- 7:50 am – Alpina Cafe
Make an Impact
Record your trips to produce these impacts:
- Green miles - CO2 emissions reduced (every bike mile prevents 1.9 pounds of C02 being emitted into the atmosphere)
- Burn calories
- Gasoline saved
More Tahoe Bike Challenge Details!
Please Visit Our Sponsors Page
Contact Joe Marzocco at:
|Bike to Work Organizing Committee:
Have ideas for Bike to Work Month? Get involved in the Lake Tahoe Bike Challenge Organizing Committee. E-mail
for more information. The Lake Tahoe Bike Challenge Organizing Committee includes the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency, the Lake Tahoe Bicycle Coalition, other Lake Tahoe resource agencies, businesses and members of the public.